среда, 3 июля 2013 г.

3.7.13 Japanese language log

Today I've figured out what romaji, hiragana, katakana and kanji are used for once and for all. Romaji is useless, it's for wussies. Hiragana is used to write some words, but most of all for suffixes, prefixes, particles etc. It is used for writing kanji pronunciation (it's called furigana then). Katakana is used for borrowed words, and for marking important parts, as italising. I saw using katakana in people's names, so it's one more use, I guess. Kanji are borrowed chinese symbols. They have multiple proninciations and sometimes meanings, because different chinese dynasties preferred different hyerogliphs. Japanese people thought not to confuse themselves and used all the meanings and pronunciations in addition to native japanese. It's confusing me a lot, and this is my major fear: there are too many kanji symbols, there are too many pronunciations and meanings, how could I memorize them all? 
First lesson of TextFugu gave me practically nothing new, though I watched some good videos. I want to keep going, because my efforts in learning japanese are almost futile. I know hiragana a little and some common phrases, that are almost useless in conversation. I mean, they mean not I'd like to talk to people about. Then the question arises: what I'd like to talk to japanese about? They seem to be quite smart nation with rich culture traditions and awesome art (in wide meaning). So I'd like to learn more about art: music, literature, poetry, gravures and calligraphy. I also want to study i-go, though I fear many defeats. And I want to read scientific literature in japanese. These are my major goals in learning japanese. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий